Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.~ Dr. Seuss

Pages

Tuesday, December 01, 2009

How I named my blog


So do you remember a few days ago? I told you that Ruth at synch-ro-ni-zing had challenged fellow bloggers to post about how they named their blog. Well...here goes. Warning: This could get a little sappy.


When I first stumbled onto blogger I thought it would be fun to post some pictures to share with my family. 
I wanted to do a blog, but I was really afraid. I didn't know the first thing about blogging. What would I write? What pictures would I put on? What if people saw my terrible punctuation? 
My first choice for a name was my favorite saying. "Ummm...No!", but I decided against it. If I was going to blog, I wanted a name that was a little (or  a lot) less sarcastic.  So I started searching sayings and quotes to get an idea for a name that would describe how I felt creating a blog.
At first, I thought "Going Out on a Limb" was pretty corny. But after really thinking about it, I decided that was exactly what I was doing; Going Out on a Limb. I was going to put myself out there for everyone to see, and correct my grammar.  
On the flip side of that though, I wanted my kids to read, enjoy and hopefully want to do one too. They don't update them, but they all have one now. It's kind of funny. Something I started "for them". Has turned into something I do for me.
So there it is. Going Out on a Limb...hoping to find the fruit, everyday that I blog.


*P.S. So I don't get too embarassed, please forget everything you just read.
 

6 comments:

  1. I like how you extended the saying to include "hoping to find the fruit." This is such a strange phenom, isn't it? We really put ourselves out there, and we get our rewards, and sometimes some hassles. But it's amazing to be able to publish instantly and document our lives.

    Thank you so much for participating, Trudi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure I would have enjoyed learning how you came to name your blog, but I have just forgotten everything you just said.

    Could you tell it to me again?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been married to Barry going on 40 years now (and he's probably forgotten that too!). Every day with this blogging business I feel like I am going out on a limb. We need to take heart from the "Be Yourself" blog and quit worrying about being judged. We come to learn and meet people.
    Thanks for sharing thoughts that have also bothered me. I am happy I visited today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ruth, thanks for that. It was fun (a little). HeHe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barry, I'm glad you stopped by, but I won't be telling that story twice. You are good at following directions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm betting Linda, that he won't be forgetting you anytime soon. Your right, we should stop worring about being judged. I'll put that on my list of things to-do. Thank you so much for visiting. It was fun, wasn't it?

    ReplyDelete