Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.~ Dr. Seuss

Pages

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Adventures in the Nevada Desert

While riding quads the other day, CJ and I came across this Desert Tortoise.  He was crossing our trail and stopped in the middle when he heard us coming. I waited a minute, hoping he would come back out of his shell. The vibration from the quads must have kept him too afraid. I didn't want to disturb him any more than we already had, so I just snapped a few pictures and we went went on our way.
After all of these years of living in Nevada, this is the first time I have ever seen a wild Tortoise in the desert.
Then today, while coming home from Las Vegas through redrock. We saw this little family near the community of  Blue Diamond. We haven't seen any donkeys out here in such a long time because of a round up  a few years ago. This is the first time I've ever stopped to get pictures. We didn't stay long because another car pulled up and reminded me how dangerous it is for the donkey's to get too comfortable with humans.  The companion to these two in the picture walked right up to the other car and put his head in the window. They are not afraid at all. I wish people wouldn't feed them.

Take care little donkey family, it was nice to see you...I'll be thinking of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment